Sunday 21 September 2008

Wordperfect

Wordperfect


Course guide revision

Below my comments, you can see pictures of the pages from the guide that I revised on the business administration course that I did in 1997. Click on any page to see an enlarged version in a separate window.

Note that this particular version of WORDPERFECT is really old and none of the instructions make use of a mouse. It may still be possible to use modern versions of WORDPERFECT this way, but I suspect that most people prefer to use a mouse to perform some or all of the functions. Cut-and-paste, for example, is really quite tedious without a mouse. I haven't used another version of WORDPERFECT since I did the course in 1997, though I would be interested in seeing how it works now.

Remember also that I'd never used word processing software of any kind prior to attending that course, although I was familiar with a variety of text editors from my years as a computer programmer.

Page 1 contains the index, prefaced by introductory comments.

Page 2 gives instructions for starting up and for printing.

Page 3 discusses ways of aligning, embolding and underlining text as well as setting margins.

Page 4 covers spell check, cut and paste, indentations and deleting words and sentences.

Page 5 tells you about page numbering, saving documents, using a thesaurus and the help function.

Page 6 advises you about paper sizes, searching for words and creating tables.

Page 7 mentions file retrieval, directory, deleting controls and forcing new pages.

Page 8 explains scalable fonts and printer selection.

Page 9 is dedicated to page headers and footers.

Supplement page 1 describes justification, setting tabs and switching documents.

Supplement page 2 is about macros, mail merge and alt symbols. Although I didn't take a copy of the list mentioned on the page, this alt symbols list is probably better anyway.

No comments: